Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have for a Shipwrecked theme? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are five of my ideas. Leave yours in the comments area below.
- You can do anything you would normally do for a Pirate theme, like treasure hunts, plank walks, gold coin collecting, water games and more.
- Have the shipwreck in a foreign local like Australia and hold Australian activities. Ever tried Vegemite, thrown a boomerang, or participated in a race where you had to hop like a kangaroo?
- Teach survival skills like starting a fire, scavenging for berries, making a shelter, and/or fishing.
- Wear tattered clothing and talk to Wilson, the volleyball.
- On the last day have a “Rescue Party”.
Okay, your turn. What are you great ideas?