Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have for a Barnyard Palooza theme? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are five ideas. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- Name each cabin group a different farm animal. Have groups own their animal by making flags.
- Have a line dancing hoe-down. Make sure you get some hay bales to sit on.
- You gotta have barnyard animal crafts. Use pom pons, wiggley eyes and pipe cleaners.
- Barnyard folk get up early to do chores. Afterwards they have nice big breakfasts with eggs and bacon and pancakes.
- Have a counselor hunt. The counselors will all take on the personification of a barnyard animal. Chickens run fast while hogs and cows don’t. Cats climb trees and dogs bark a lot. Each animal should be worth different points. The harder they are to catch the more points they are worth.