Theme-of-the-Day is a daily post where we ask readers to leave their summer camp ideas, using the day’s theme, in the comments section. What ideas and suggestions do you have for the Theme of the Day? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Here are five suggestions. Leave yours in the comments area below.
- Leis, Grass skirts and Hawaiian shirts are required.
- Download Limbo Rock and get a stick ’cause kids love to limbo.
- Use butcher paper and create surfboard shapes. Each cabin group will decorate their surfboard. Hang them in the dining hall and have a contest. Awards for the best looking, most artistic, craziest, etc. should be given out. Afterward, groups should hang them in their own cabins.
- Seashell necklaces and bracelets are make great crafts.
- Give the campers a Hawaiian word-of-the-day.