Theme-of-the-Day is a post where we ask readers to leave their summer camp ideas, using the day’s theme, in the comments section. What ideas and suggestions do you have for the Theme of the Day? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are five ideas. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- Childhood curiosity, experimentation, and imagination can develop one’s play instinct—an inner need according to Carl Jung. Set-up a room with stuff to tinker and play with. You can have everything from Legos to robotic kits, fun noodles to Erector sets.
- Hold small brainstorming sessions and give the campers a challenge that needs an inventive solution. It can be anything from how to build a better mouse trap to creating a new ropes course element.
- Give groups a box of random supplies and have them create any product they can. After they have created it they must act out a 30 second commercial.
- Some camp activities, like the zipline, can become stale and boring after campers have done it for a couple of years. Take an activity like that and see of the campers can invent a way to make it fun again.
- Have groups invent carnival booth games. then hold a carnival where everyone gets to play each other’s games.