Theme-of-the-Day is a daily post where we ask readers to leave their summer camp ideas, using the day’s theme, in the comments section. What ideas and suggestions do you have for the Theme of the Day? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Moovin’ and Groovin’
Below are five ideas. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- Have a hoe down. Line dance to disco music. At one camp I worked for we would do a modified line dance to the 70’s hit Car Wash by Rose Royce. We had about five different line dances that we would lead, all to disco music. The campers and staff all loved it.
- Have a series of themed dances including Disco Nights 70s, Groovy 60s, Sock Hop 50s and the Roaring 20s.
- Offer dance classes for all kinds of dance, from ballet to Bollywood, the Charleston to Hip Hop.
- Bring back break-dancing from the 80s. Break out the cardboard and add in some Pop’n’Lock.
- If you have a camp PA system then have dance breaks throughout the day. On the first day let the campers know that the program director will randomly play 30 seconds of music over the PA system at different times of the day. When campers hear the music it’s their cue to let loos and start dancing, no matter where they are or what they are doing.