Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have for an …Got Talent theme? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Camp ________’s Got Talent
As always I will kick off the theme with five suggestions. Then it’s your turn to leave your awesome suggestions and ideas in the comments area below.
- Hold an American Idol competition where the campers can choose to sing or lip sync their favorite songs. There are some great, relatively inexpensive karaoke machines out there that would be perfect for this. Here’s one.
- America’s Got Talent is a fan favorite show that allows anyone to compete with a variety of acts. This is the ultimate talent show. Have three judges (nicely) give their criticism of each act and then let the campers vote for a favorite.
- The Gong Show was one of my favorite television shows when I was a kid (nobody ever said I had good taste). Have campers (or cabin groups) come up with absurd and crazy acts to perform in front of 3 judges, a gong (or blowhorn) and the rest of camp. Each act is then judged. Judges can individually give each act up to 10 points. Have camp staff perform as well, and let the judges “gong” them (not the campers).
- During dinner have the food hoppers (the person that goes up and gets the food for the cabin group) do their best runway walk. The camper that does the best gets a special dessert for their cabin.
- How about some dinner theater. Have camp staff sing, act, play an instrument, do some stand-up comedy, dance, do some magic, perform a puppet show, etc. during dinner. At the beginning of summer let the staff know that they will need to perform an act during this theme day/week.