Theme-of-the-Day is a daily post where we ask readers to leave their summer camp ideas, using the day’s theme, in the comments section. What ideas and suggestions do you have for the Theme of the Day? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Here are five suggestions. Leave yours in the comments area below.
- Have campers design and create their superhero costume.
- Have campers create their name, power(s), and the story of their origin.
- Put together a fitness test. Weights that are made of foam but painted to look real are great.
- Before bed have the counselors hold a discussion with their campers with superheroes being the theme. Some sample discussion starts might be, “What is an everyday superhero?”, “Who are real heroes?”, “Do superheroes need friends?”
- Have the campers dress up their counselor as a superhero, complete with a backstory. The program director can be a super villian. Or have all the counselors be villians that are in hiding, and the campers (superheroes) have to find them. In other words, run a themed counselor hunt.