Theme-of-the-Day is a daily post where we ask readers to leave their summer camp ideas, using the day’s theme, in the comments section. What ideas and suggestions do you have for the Theme of the Day? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are five ideas. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- Divide your camp into multiple teams or tribes. Assign a color to each tribe. Then get each camper a “buff” of their tribe color. I get the solid color tubular bandanas from Tans Club.
- Create challenges and puzzles for the tribes to compete in.
- Instead of having campers “voted off” I keep score through out the week. After each challenge we have Tribal Council where each tribe votes for another tribe to lose 10 points. They cannot vote for the tribe that one the previous challenge (immunity). The team that gets the most votes loses 10 points.
- I hide a small golden Smurf somewhere in camp and each day I give the tribes a short poem that is a clue to where the hidden immunity idol (golden Smurf) is hidden.
- The campers love the gross eating challenge. You can get edible bugs from online candy stores and Amazon.