Theme-of-the-Day is a daily post where we ask readers to leave their summer camp ideas, using the day’s theme, in the comments section. What ideas and suggestions do you have for the Theme of the Day? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
The Mighty Jungle
Below are my five suggestions. How ’bout you? Leave your ideas in the comments area below.
- Have teams or cabin groups create flags that are decorated like an animal. For example, spots could represent a leopard, stripes for a tiger, green scales for a snake, etc.
- Have a counselor hunt where counselors represent different animals. They can have a card that hands around there neck which shows what animal they represent. Each “animal” can be worth a different amount of points. You fastest counselor(s) would be the cheetahs, the climbers are apes or monkeys, the hiders are chameleons, etc.
- If yo have a nature center that has a variety of furs hide them along a hiking trail. When I say hide I mean they should be in plain sight but not obvious. During the hike the campers should be looking for the furs. For a bonus have one of the camp staff in a Ghillie suit. See if the campers can find him or her.
- Face painting is a perfect fit for this theme.
- Rent a gorilla suit and have the gorilla run around camp or do morning announcements. Maybe the gorilla can bring the camp mail out everyday.